Happy October and Fall time 🙂 I love this time of year although it seems like everyone is getting sick or just getting over a cold!
At home I have a set routine I do the moment I start to feel sick, my husband rolls his eyes but he does it too because it works.
1. 1 tsp to 1 tbs raw apple cider vinegar 3 times per day until symptoms abate (awesome during pregnancy). *not recommended for sore throats as it could cause them to sting, better to dilute in a glass of water and drink in these cases.
2. Mince 1/2 clove of garlic and eat with toast or bread or on its own if you can handle it.
3. For sore throats- gargle with warm salt water 3 times per day for at least 15 seconds at a time, as long as you can.
4. ELDERBERRY – is hands down the number 1 immune support nobody talks about. Best is in tincture form but that is hard to source. I really like Flora Elderberry crystals for me and my family because there are no other added ingredients. I’ve started putting a little scoop in Jackson’s sippy cup with water.
If you get an elderberry syrup, check the ingredients and pick one with honey as the sweetener (not sugar) and no added ingredients. Dr. Donner’s Sambu is good.
1. Here is an article about common homeopathic remedies for the flu: https://jacksonsnaturals.ca/blogs/news/homeopathic-remedies-for-treating-influenza-the-flu
2. If you live somewhere with cold dry winds and winter think of Aconitum at the first sign of colds. Rainy climates think of Calendula.
3. For the start of nondescript colds think of Ferrum phos cell salt
4. Here is a download of my remedy booklet that goes with the Helios Essential 18 Remedy Kit
5. See your homeopath if you are getting sick often, there is probably something they can do to help strengthen your immune system with constitutional prescribing.
Stay toasty this fall!